Thursday, October 3, 2019

Revised Beach Compositions

In the previous iteration, I had vignetted most of these thinking it would add depth or interest, whatever...    I reversed most if not all of that to get rid of shadows and it made the backgrounds somewhat more unified.  The result is flatter images, but it may shift the focus more on the details and components of the images??  

I also amped up the color and, in some cases, slightly darkened the center of the arrangement to add depth and bring out details.  I  straightened and adjusted cropping where it seemed necessary.  But many are slightly lopsided so no perfection there.    

Reduced contrast on most.  

Not sure how to unify tone......  per se.  


































4 comments:

  1. Well. Hmmm. Heresy Alert: they are more unified, I think to the detriment of each of images. Maybe not. I don’t know. They are now predictable and without the tension they used to have and have become... well, now they ALL look Kokopelli based instead of him appearing mysteriously once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're part portrait, part salad (kind of delicious), pure play. I don't know if it matters that color varies of background, or if swinging overall color balance slightly would improve or not. I guess it's Ok that light changing color is captured. I think prints could be quite nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, these are wonderful and so playful. I really like them. I like seeing the tonal differences, warm and cool, and might even play that up a bit more. If they are meant to be displayed in a group, I might amp up a few others, or tone down just slightly the warmest image of the group, the one with the two bright yellow leaves.

    ReplyDelete